|Steps 1 and 2 are only required for first time users.
Once you have a Community ID and have enrolled in ISSA Training, you can proceed to Step 3 on subsequent visits.
This process will create a Michigan State University Community ID (skip this step if you already have an MSUnet ID).
- In your browser’s URL field enter: https://community.idm.msu.edu/selfservice/
- Click on “Create Guest Account (Community ID)”.
- Fill in your name, email address, and Captcha text.
- Click the “Create my account” button.
- You will receive an email from a sender called Community ID. In this email you will find a link which will allow you to set your password.
The email address you entered will receive an email asking you to set your password, accept MSU’s Acceptable Use Policy and complete account activation.
Once you have completed the steps outlined in this email, your Community ID will be activated.
If you need to reset your password at any time go to https://community.idm.msu.edu/selfservice/. Click on the “Forgot Password” button.
If you have any difficulties with registration, you may also call the MSU Help Desk toll-free at 844-678-6200.
Register for ISSA Training
- Click the following link or in your browser’s URL field enter: https://caps.itservices.msu.edu/roundabout/8e3fe093-1d9b-40cb-9eac-f51957c413a1
- Login using your email address and the password you created in Step 1.
- Enter the Email Address you created in Step 1.
- Click on the “Register this attendee” link on the bottom.
- Check to make sure your email is correct and click “Checkout”.
- Fill in your billing address (since the course is free you will not be charged) then click “Continue Checkout”.
- Check to make sure your information is correct and click “Submit Payment”.
- It may take a few minutes to gain access to D2L (in step 3). If you still do not have access after a reasonable amount of time, please call the MSU Help Desk 844-678-6200.
Login to Desire2Learn (D2L)
- In your browser’s URL field enter: http://D2L.msu.edu
- Click Login and use your email address and the password you created in Step 1.
- You will be on your My Home page.
- Under the My Courses list, click on ISSA Training Courses.
- On the left side of the page under the Table of Contents, click on the name of the ISSA training course you wish to complete.
- Click the Participant Information Form Link to begin the training.